Children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities
The aims of Griffe Field Primary School are guided by the Code of Practice for Special Educational Needs and Disabilities and link with those values derived from the Statement of Principles adopted by the Local Education Authority:
- To reach high levels of achievement for all
- To be an inclusive school
- To ensure the identification of all pupils requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their school career
- To meet individual needs through a wide range of provision
- To attain high levels of satisfaction and participation from pupils, parents and carers
- To share a common vision and understanding with all stakeholders
- To give transparent resourcing to SEND
- To provide curriculum access for all
- To work towards inclusion in partnership with other agencies and schools
- To achieve a level of staff expertise to meet pupil need
We recognise that many pupils will have special needs at some time during their school life. In implementing this policy, we believe pupils will be helped to overcome their difficulties.
We endeavour to make every effort to achieve maximum inclusion of all pupils whilst meeting pupils’ individual needs. This policy builds on our School Inclusion Policy, which recognises the entitlement of all pupils to a balanced, broadly based curriculum.
To see our Local Offer, please click here.
Our SEND Policy reinforces the need for teaching that is fully inclusive. The Governing Body will ensure that appropriate provision will be made for all pupils with SEND.
Our SEND Information Report for Parents outlines our Special Educational Needs and Disability provision. There are thirteen key questions that hopefully answer any queries you may have about our provision. If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact the school SENDCo.