The governing body is committed to providing quality education for all its pupils based on equality of access, opportunity and outcomes. This policy includes requirements set out in “Statutory guidance on the duty on local authorities to promote the educational achievement of children looked after under section 52 of the Children Act 2004” (Nov 2005) and associated guidance on the education of LAC/PLAC.
The aims of the school are to:
- Ensure that school policies and procedures are followed for LAC/PLAC as for all children
- Ensure that all LAC/PLAC have access to a broad and balanced curriculum
- Provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability
- Ensure that LAC/PLAC pupils take as full a part as possible in all school activities
- Ensure that carers and social workers of LAC/PLAC pupils are kept fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment
- Ensure that LAC/PLAC pupils are involved, where practicable, in decisions affecting their future provision