We expect the children to come to school looking smart, well prepared for work and proud of their school. School uniform reinforces our school identity.
School uniform suppliers are :
- Uniform Direct, 54 Babington Lane, Tel 342569
- Uniformality, 21-23 Nottingham Road, Borrowash, Tel 677498
- Multiprint, 560 Burton Road, Tel 224433
- Morleys, 446 Nottingham Road, Chaddesden, Tel 281311
Plain garments in the same colours are quite acceptable.
The uniform for girls and boys is as follows:
- Shirt or blouse in navy or red. A white shirt may be worn
- Trousers or a skirt in a dark plain colour
- Shoes should be plain black, without heels.
- A striped or checked dress in the school colours
- Smart (not sports-style) shorts may be preferred for summer
- Outside – A plain T-shirt and shorts/jogging bottoms
- Indoors – T-shirt and shorts, with plimsolls (sometimes bare feet)
Extreme hairstyles are not allowed, including bright or unnatural colours, shaved heads, or patterns/lines shaved into hair.
Jewellery and Valuables
All items must be clearly marked. Jewellery, watches and costly toys are easily broken or mislaid and should never be brought to school – we can take no responsibility for them.
Jewellery is not allowed for safety reasons; only stud earrings and the Sikh Kara may be worn and must be removed or taped over by your child his/herself for PE.
Parents will be asked to read and return a Safety Information Form which will be sent home early in the year.