Applications should be made in writing at any time after a child is two years old. The Governor’s Admissions Committee will meet at least three times each year to allocate places for the following term. They will do so by applying the following criteria to all the children who we know to be interested in a place.
Places are awarded as follows:
1. Children who are on the Child Protection ‘at risk’ register.
2. Children who are – or might become – the subject of special need.
3. Children whose families are suffering severe social and psychological stress – which could significantly affect the child’s development.
4. Any 3 or 4 year old from the ‘catchment area’ of the school.
5. Any 3 or 4 year old from the remainder of the Heatherton Village estate.
6. Any 3 or 4 year old from the wider area entitled to 30 hours Extended Entitlement Funding.
7. Any other 3 or 4 year old from the wider area.
Places within each criteria group are offered to according to age (oldest first).
The school’s ‘Catchment Area’ is listed below.
Admission points will be usually at the beginning of each term, subject to available places. Otherwise, as vacancies arise, Governors will award further places by applying the above criteria to the existing ‘Register of Interest’. Children would be expected to be able to take up at least two terms in the Nursery.
There is no ‘sibling priority’ to Nursery admissions.
NB: Parents who wish their children to be considered for a place in the main school must apply separately at the appropriate time (see Pupil Admissions Policy to Reception).
A place in the nursery class does not influence the admission procedure to the main school ie does not guarantee a place.
The Schools ‘Catchment’ Area
Callow Hill Way (69 upwards, odds 58 to 68 evens)
Hollybrook Way (50 & upwards,evens)
Ivy Leaf Way
Meadow Brook Close
Squires Way (19 & upwards, odds 22 & upwards, evens)
Parts of Heatherton NOT in School Catchment Area
Callow Hill Way (numbers not in ‘normal area’)
Gayton Thorpe Close
Hollybrook Way (numbers not in ’normal area’)
Little Woodbury Drive
River Hall Close
Squires Way (numbers not in ‘normal area’)